City Street Outreach (CSO) is an ALL VOLUNTEER-run, registered charity serving the GTA through weekly street and TCH communities outreach.
- SERVE and offer friendships to others
- Give HOPE to those in need physically and spiritually
- INSPIRE people to be the change and make an IMPACT within their communities
Through partnerships, we believe that we can better communities across the GTA; not just for today, but for the future.
Practicing unconditional love across the GTA by providing food, clothing and prayer support on a weekly basis.
"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms." – 1 Peter 4:10
City Street Outreach started as The Toronto Blanket Ministry in November 2010. What began as a group of friends in the Scarborough area, has expanded as a mission to help people in need first locally and then globally.
The concept of the mission began with a recurring dream that Alexander Smirnis was having from the summer months of 2010 through to November. The dream had him being escorted through abandoned buildings with the focus on closed door rooms that were full of stacked blankets. The series of visions culminated as a lucid dream in the early winter. That morning,perplexed with its clarity, he walked down the stairs in deep contemplation and saw the snow pouring down hard, winds buffering the windows and realized the temperature had plummeted. Smirnis believes God was saying "go help my children"; and he responded.
Considering all the logistics, Alex began collecting blankets, sheets, and sleeping bags before he ventured to our city's core. This became a weekly journey and eventually others felt led to get involved. Now many groups contribute, along with neighbours, friends and family to preserve life and increase the care for the less fortunate; serving our communities with the greatest needs.
Statement of Faith
At City Street Outreach our motivation and actions are based on our statement of faith. We believe that our Savior, Jesus Christ, is clear when he commands us in James 1:27 to look after widows and orphans. As we go out weekly to various communities to serve and minister to those in need, we believe that His name is to be gloried first and foremost and that He has provided a way for us to fulfill His great commission.
- The Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments is the only divinely inspired and infallible revelation of God. It is our only written guide and final authority in matters pertaining to faith and life.
- In one God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His conception by the Holy Spirit, His birth by the Virgin Mary, His real but sinless humanity, His voluntary humiliation in life as the Man of Sorrows culminating in His substitutionary and atoning death as a sacrifice for sin, His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension into heaven as the only and eternal mediator between God and humanity and His coming again in power and glory.
- In the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit through Whom humanity is born again to saving repentance and faith, and by Whom the saints are sanctified and enabled to live a godly life.
- The salvation of humanity is solely by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, that the saved partake of eternal life now and will share in that glorious resurrection which is to come.
- Humanity, in consequence of the Fall, is utterly sinful and therefore lost, and the unsaved will be raised for final judgement.
- The spiritual unity of all who truly believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, that is, the only Holy Universal Church which is the Body of Christ.
- Christians should live for the glory of God and in service to others, that our conduct should be blameless before the world and that we should be faithful stewards of our possessions.
Meet the Volunteer Team
A team of dedicated, committed outreach volunteers serve weekly. Providing support and hope to our friends in need.
- Alex S. - Founder firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grace G. - Community Liaison email@example.com
- Nelson C. - Community Pastor firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ben L. - Community Liaison & Outreach Coordinator email@example.com
- Peter M. - Outreach Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul C. - Volunteer - email@example.com
Individuals, businesses, families, small groups, and/or churches that have may have items to donate - please don't hesitate contact us at 416.834.7736 to arrange pickup. Consider a single/monthly donation. Thank you for making an IMPACT.